[energiadecreixent] Guardian Journalist Paul Lewis: Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the flames at Spanish protests?

Fun Peace fuspey a yahoo.co.uk
div jun 17 22:14:26 CEST 2011

The devious games of the Catalan authorites to rubbish the name of the PEACEFUL
INDIGNADOS ( http://tinyurl.com/5syt78g )

Guardian Journalist Paul Lewis has tweeted ( http://tinyurl.com/6f4splr ) the
following a few hours ago:

Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the flames at Spanish
protests?

Yesterday, news spread very quickly in internet world that all the  "violence"
that happened at Parc Ciutadella looks like it was started by  the police
themselves, disguised as "agent provocatuers". A video was  doing the rounds,
then mysteriously it went "private", it seems police  pressure was used. BUT,
the net being what it is, meant that "that vid"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrR5m0xsVM ) is doing the rounds again and
appearing everywhere, still slowly, but  its getting there, more and more and
more. With it and its related  "evidence page" (
http://www.planetatortuga.com/noticias.item.3875/los-vi....html ) being now
picked up by the Guardian journalist, perhaps the levels of  indignation might
even rise further when the Catalan public see what  "their" government / media /
police are upto; a dirty malicious and  thoroughly sly attempt to dirty the good
name of the INDIGNADOS or the  M-15 movement, who ARE STILL A PEACEFUL MOVEMENT.

Oh and did I mention the "lamentable error" by TELEMADRID? No? Its ok  now
because they have "apologised" for putting up ultra violent images  from riots
in Greece when talking about the goings on in barcelona...  (see links below)

Bollox, this is more of the set up we are seeing here to sway catalan opinion
away from supporting the INDIGNADOS.

A press statement was read out from the movement in regard to the  violence,
which denounced the violence and declared that this is a  PEACEFUL MOVEMENT, at
end is a rough translation of what was read out.

Links:

>J15-Catalan police used agent provocateurs in attempt to destroy M15 peaceful
>revolutionary movement
>http://www.indymedia.ie/article/100013
>
>quienes son los violentos ? Subt castellano de xartigas (That video,  well
>another copied version of it, stuck on some server somewhere)
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrR5m0xsVM
>
>Telemadrids "lamentable error"
>Telemadrid y el 15M vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibir-3Y9ALQ
>Telemadrid: "La violencia en Grecia fue similar a la de Barcelona":
>http://www.publico.es/televisionygente/382540/telemadri...elona
>
>Roda de Premsa d’AcampadaBCN del 17/06/2011
>http://acampadabcn.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/roda-de-pre...2010/
>
>VID: Comunicado Indignados hechos Parlament Catalunya
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75i04RNIP8

(TRANSLATION)

First we want to apologize to all media in the call for change in this  press
conference. Given the statements of Minister of Interior and the  Prime Minister
which include angry accusations against Barcelona and the  movement itself and
because we work with democratic methods and  assembly, in a move that is wide
and varied, we been forced to postpone  the announcement.

As everyone knows, we reject violence. As for events that do not fit the
consensus of the movement occurred on the 15th, we are not represented  by these
shares and therefore we are not responsible for them. If you  believe that
politicians do not represent the isolated acts of these  people may not
represent the entire group. It would be justice for the  thousands of people
mobilized or not they feel identified with common  values ​​that we have been
demonstrating together.

The objective of the mobilization by 14 and 15, supported by the 22  assembly
districts of Barcelona and Catalonia over a hundred villages,  was arrested by
anti-social budget cuts for 2011 of the Government of  Catalonia and denounced
the decree known as Omnibus in law.

We have been accused of attacking democracy, when the cuts are an attack  on the
same show, with Parliament at the service of financial markets  and reducing
social services for all citizens, when no party with  parliamentary
representation, these measures included his electoral  program. So in order to
have political legitimacy should be adopted by  referendum.

In addition, the activity of the Parliament undermines itself when it  seeks to
endorse the discussion of the so-called Omnibus Act: an affront  to democratic
values ​​posed by Decree approving the amendment of 610  points on more than 80
previous laws and diverse the legitimacy of which  is doubtful because even
within the parameters of the current  democracy.

We are convinced that all the debate generated around the events of June  15,
are oversized in order to divert attention from what really affects  people. A
social movement with broad support from the public is  suffering an apparent
attempt to be stigmatized by a political strategy  that aims to legitimize new
forms of police repression against a citizen  group that has shown to be
strongly peaceful. So as not to criminalize  all the fans when there are
incidents in a sporting event, or the entire  political class against
corruption, the fact that in this case apply a  different criterion, shows the
falsity of this argument.

Also surprising the unusual union of all the parties and the seriousness  of his
accusations before the facts of 15j. The incidents,  theoretically caused by
protesters, who did not cause any injuries among  the members and workers, in
contrast with the zero criticism of the  police action that caused dozens of
injuries.

The stained shirts of a few politicians seem to weigh more than 40  injured, who
joined the 147 injured, 27 May. What really scares  politicians is that they are
opening up new methods of participation and  decision, that call into question
the legitimacy of the current  democratic system. This explains the desperate
attempt of  criminalization of the movement, made desproporcionalitat deployment
strategy and ineffective policing.

We can not take responsibility for violent behavior promoted by the  precarious
economic and social injustice that leaves work and cover  thousands of families.
Only liability for those who have joined the  peace movement, creative,
constructive and inclusive.

As the economy deteriorates further and the welfare state theory, the  more
anger is generated. We can not be responsible, now or in the future  of those
who have joined the spirit inspired by the peaceful movement  for 15 million,
just from the people is promoted in a way to channel  this discontent
constructive and nonviolent. An example of this is that  despite the threatening
statements by the President, the Assembly  decided not to hinder the departure
of parliament in protest and moved  to St. James's Square by a peaceful sitting
and singing the stake.

We are accused of violence when the state who paid for all institutions  use to
advocating violence and announce that the use against us, even  when dealing
with a peaceful movement. When you say they have a monopoly  of violence that we
are saying is that they are the ones who decide  what is violence and what is
not.

That the evictions affect families already 270.00 and banks accumulate  empty
flats is violence. It prolonged the working life and higher  incomes pay less is
more violence. That the company distributed profits  and fired good employees is
violence. Military spending is violence. The  cuts in health and education are
violent. The list is endless.

The errors of the device conducted by the Ministry of Interior seem
intentional, because they allowed Felip Puig get the desired picture  that tries
to endorse the violent actions of 27m. Not understand why  they chose to use an
entry with the highest concentration of  demonstrators to the parliament reached
on foot, instead of the entrance  to the zoo with the police vans, and ended up
happening.

Finally we call a rally today, Friday 17 to 4 pm in the City Judiciary  in
protest and support to fellow detainees that justice will at 5 pm. It  also
reported that yesterday the police of Parliament were detained and  identified
people who are in solidarity with the detainees. Again the  police were not
identified and refused to do so at the request of a  lawyer.

This is only the beginning, we know that there is much to do. We walk  and work
for the construction of more just and habitable worlds where  all fit.

Our next action is the mobilization of June 19, an international event  that has
been supported by hundreds of cities around the world and in  the case of
Barcelona have the support of more than 100 villages and 22  districts of the
city. On the 19th call on society to take to the  streets to show our outrage at
the many injustices and repeated  violation of our most basic rights to which we
are submitting the  current political and economic system. The street is ours,
not pay their  crisis.

Who are the Violent ones (from "that vid): "protesters" standing in doorways,
later get police escort away from the heat

Guardian Journo: Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the flames at
Spanish protests?

AcampadaBCN press statement: WE ARE PEACEFUL AND STILL INDIGNANT