[Deuda-QdQ] Para firmar: Llamado a NNUU para expulsar la industria de combustibles fósiles de las negociaciones climáticas

Tom Kucharz - Ecologistas en Acción agroecologia en ecologistasenaccion.org
Mar Nov 19 09:18:31 CET 2013

Para firmar el llamado por favor enviar un correo directo a: *
rachel.l.tansey en gmail.com <rachel.l.tansey en gmail.com> *

Os recomendamos enormemente firmar esta carta abierta y agradecemos la
difusión.

Dear all,

****SIGN-ON LETTER TO PROTECT UNFCCC FROM FOSSIL FUEL LOBBYISTS****

Following some interesting meetings on the 'Article 5.3', the tobacco
regulation that keeps industry lobbyists away from policy makers, an open
letter has been drafted calling out the corporate influence and asking for
the UNFCCC to take strong steps to protect itself and the climate from the
fossil fuel industry. It's addressed to UNFCCC chief Christiana Figueres
and Secretary-General of the UN Ban Ki-moon.

It calls on the UNFCCC to protect itself and the climate from the influence
of a fossil fuel industry whose commercial interests are fundamentally in
conflict with the interests of our climate and the world's population. It
also mentions the damage being done to the reputation of the UNFCCC and
points towards the WHO and Article 5.3 as an example of where other UN
bodies have tackled the problem (for a 2-pager, see
here<http://www.satuhassi.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Stop-Fossil-Fuels-Setting-the-Climate-Agenda_Briefing_Nov13-2.pdf>),
calling for action commensurate with the challenge of climate change.

*We're trying to get as wide sign-on for it as possible, although it will
be a very short turn-around time. *We were planning to release it on
Thursday, a day after the handing in of the Warsaw communiqué (a document
drafted by the coal industry trying to push for coal as a solution to
climate change).

*Please send an email to rachel.l.tansey en gmail.com
<rachel.l.tansey en gmail.com> (cc'd) if you would be able on signing.*

*We will close signatures end of play Wednesday*.

****PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY!****

In solidarity,

Tom

--