[REpensar Barcelona] [International Alliance Inhabitants] Palestine, 31st Land Day Anniversary (March 30 3007)

International Alliance of Inhabitants info en habitants.org
Mar Mar 27 23:10:16 CEST 2007

/*SUPPORTED BY THE INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCE OF INHABITANTS*/
<http://www.habitants.org/article/frontpage/15/140>

*31st Land Day Anniversary - "We will continue to claim our land!"*
  *March 30th, 2007*
*
To see the full program of protests, click here.
<http://stopthewall.org/latestnews/1423.shtml>*

*"Against concessions on our rights and our lives; *
*We will continue to claim our land!"*

On March 30th, as Palestinians in our homeland and the diaspora, we
remember Land Day and strengthen our struggle for Land, Justice and
Return. In 1976, 6 Palestinians were killed and a hundred injured by
Israeli forces as Palestinians went on strike against a massive land
confiscation scheme in the Galilee. Land theft and colonization
continues in the Galilee and Naqab until today.

More than 30 years later, we will be again out in the streets and in the
fields confronting the Occupation in dozens of protests and
demonstrations, uniting the people in villages and cities across the
West Bank in a week of continuous mobilization.

In the West Bank, including Jerusalem, the Apartheid Wall, settlements
and their road system are de facto confiscating over half of our land
and most of our water resources and agricultural fields. Israeli
apartheid is creating something worse than Bantustans: open air prisons
surrounded by 8-meter high cement walls and sealed by gates, checkpoints
and terminals. Thousands of families are in danger of losing their homes
to make space for Israeli colonization and entire communities are to be
razed to the ground. Dispossessed farmers watch industrial estates
growing on their land in a system designed to exploit and control.

Thanks to the unbroken resistance of the Iraqi people that has led the
US and its allies into an impasse, diplomacy of the unipolar world
focuses again on Palestine. Our homeland and people have become the
card, which might save global imperialism from drowning in Iraq and
Afghanistan. While the US-Israeli axis has never been willing to allow
any of our rights to be implemented, the continuous presence in our
region of US and Western envoys and officials is aimed to pressure Arab
leaders into:

1. Ending Arab support for the Right of Return, enshrined into
international law (such as UN Resolution 194);

2. Reviving the vicious Oslo mechanism that asks the Palestinian and
Arab nations to make the first step: recognizing the Israeli apartheid
regime and the "righteousness" of its crimes. Once relations are
normalized and international public opinion is appeased, the reality on
the ground can be consolidated and the agreement broken by the oppressors.

/Against concessions on our inalienable rights and our lives, we will
continue to claim our land. We will rise up and put forward our demands,
based on the principles of our struggle and the rights of our people./

*We demand from the delegates to the Arab summit and its leaders:*
No concessions over the Right of Return and no normalization with Israel
before Israel:
- Recognizes its responsibility for the Palestinian catastrophe of 1948
(Nakba) and implements UN resolution 194 on the right of return
- Fully complies with the ICJ decision to remove the Wall and all
associated constructions such as checkpoints, terminals and industrial
zones, return all confiscated Palestinian land and grant due reparations
- Dismantles all settlements without exceptions
- Ends the isolation of Jerusalem and reverses its Judaization
- Ends the isolation of and stranglehold on the Gaza Strip
- Stops the discrimination of our people that carry Israeli citizenship
and returns their confiscated property while recognizing their rights as
humans and especially as indigenous people.

*We demand from the Palestinian National Authority and all of its
institutions:*
A clear and strong position at the Arab summit representing our demands
above.
Further, we ask to:
1. Stop any meetings with the Occupation as long as they continue to
build the Apartheid Wall, confiscate our land and imprison our people
via checkpoints and terminals.
2. Work at all levels to stop the ongoing expulsion and final
destruction of 14 communities; in particular, Nu'man, Izbet at Tabib,
Khirbet Zakariya, and Ein el-Juwezeh.
3. Immediately denounce and attempt to prevent the daily house
demolitions. Over 4,646 houses are under destruction orders in the West
Bank, with 3,800 in Jerusalem alone.
4. Stop abuse of our workers through middlemen and companies which steal
part of the livelihoods of workers and their families, sharing the
profits with Zionist employers.

Finally, the Occupation and the international community will receive our
message via demonstrations and protests all over Palestine. It will be a
message of continuing resistance and an uncompromising demand for our
rights. Another popular Intifada is inevitably building up as long as
our rights are ignored and our future confiscated.

*Palestinian grassroots Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign*

    * *The Zero Evictions Campaign: international solidarity to achieve
      dignity and security in housing
      <http://www.habitants.org/article/articleview/1449/1/276/>*
    * *Creating a Common Global Space of Solidarity for Urban Social
      Movements <http://www.habitants.org/article/articleview/1428/1/368/>*