[energiadecreixent] 75 años desde el principio de la guerra y la revolucion en España - ¿hay cosas importante para aprendar de esta epocha?

Fun Peace fuspey a yahoo.co.uk
div jul 22 20:29:42 CEST 2011

Hola transicionistas y amig a s...

Muy buena dias en la conferencia en Liverpool, resumen aqui: Full round up of
materials from the 2011 Transition Network conference (con los temas
relacionados a nuestra grupo y españa en general)

En el blog hay algunas nuevos articulos:
1 - Vids to remember 75 years ago: Spanish civil war + Revolution (esta semana
es  75 años desde el principio de la guerra y la revolucion)
2 - La transición alimentaria y agrícola, Richard Heinberg & Michael Bomford,
Primavera 2009

3 - Transition and Big Cities (todovia en construcion)
4 - 2 Barcelona transicionistas participating in Transition Network conference @
Liverpool 2011 (nuestra introducion al mundo de transicion en inglaterra)

Vids to remember 75 years ago: Spanish civil war  + Revolution(en el articulo,
puedeis ver todos los pelis, estan encrustado entro)

Viva la Quinta Brigada,
No Pasaran, the pledge that made them fight
Adelante was the cry around the hillside
Let us all remember them tonight.
.
They came to stand beside the Spanish people
To try and stem the rising fascist tide
Franco’s allies were the powerful and wealthy
Frank Ryan’s men came from the other side.
.
Christy Moore: Viva la Quinta Brigada (lyrics here)
.
The Spanish Civil War was a major conflict fought in Spain from 17 July 1936 to
1 April 1939. The Second Republic existed and made massive changes for the
people of spain, hopes soared,  true social justice seemed achieble, only to be
quashed by a military  coup de etat which succeeded in ending the dreams of
millions and  entering Spain into 38 years of repressive fascism under the
control of  Franco.
.
The 19th of July marked the 75th anniversary of the beginning of the Spanish
Revolution.  For a brief time, capitalism and the State were replaced by
solidarity,  mutual aid and respect for others. Workers and peasants, who were
deeply influenced by anarchist ideas, ran society collectively and  gained
control over their lives, industry and land. A central part of  the revolution
was the struggle against a fascist attempt to take over  Spain.

.
Photos : 1 | Spanish Civil WarArticles : NO PASARAN! 75th anniversary of the
Spanish Civil War
| Free Women of Spain   Filmlists: classic films about the war | wikipedia
.
Some excellent films:
.
Land And Freedom (Ken Loach)
1936. David an unemployed young man, leaves Liverpool to join the  fight against
Fascism in the early days of the Spanish Civil War. He  joins an international
section of the Republican Militia on the Aragon  front where he experiences the
trials and anguish of the war.Wounded, he  convalesces in Barcelona and is
caught in the conflict on the  Republican side between the Communist Party and
his revolutionary  comrades in the militia.The resolution of this conflict and
David’s  return to the front may seem tragic but his belief in the possibility
of  revolutionary change is unshaken. His story is revealed only after his
death, sixty years later, in letters discovered by his granddaughter.
.
An Anarchist’s Story – Ethel Macdonald (2007 – Mark Littlewood)
Drama-documentary  telling the story of Ethel MacDonald (1909-1960), an
anarchist from  Motherwell, one of the countless people who made their
individual  pilgrimage to Spain. In October 1936 Ethel left Glasgow with Jenny
Patrick, another long-time anarchist activist who had been secretary of  the
Glasgow Anarchists during the industrial troubles of 1916. Ethel  became a
regular broadcaster on the English-language programmes of the  Barcelona CNT-FAI
radio station. Their high profile and defence of the  social revolution led to
both Ethel and Jenny being arrested and held  without trial by the Stalinist
secret police. Her extraordinary story is  told in Chris Dolan’s ‘An Anarchist’s
Story: The Life of Ethel  Macdonald’, a fascinating, personal account of the
pivotal events of the  spring and summer of 1937.
.
Libertarias (Subtitled)
.
Libertarias:  In the midst of the Spanish Revolution and Spanish Civil War in
Barcelona, militia women Pilar (Ana Belen) and Floren (Victoria Abril)  are
joined by former prostitute Charo (Loles Leon) and former nun Maria  (Ariadna
Gil). The film opens with scenes of working class militants  demolishing and
burning religious icons, as they shout “down with  Capitalism!” and “long live
the libertarian revolution!” While fully  immersed in the overall enthusiasm of
revolutionary Spain, Pilar and  friends find themselves fighting against deep
gender inequality which  complicates their efforts in the war against Francisco
Franco’s  Nationalist/Fascist/Catholic forces. They encounter resistance even
within their own “Free Women” (Mujeres Libres) organization as one woman  (that
resembles Federica Montseny) tries to persuade them to stay and  work in defense
factories, while men try to convince them to go work as  cooks, not front-line
soldiers.
.
La lengua de las mariposas (Butterfly :1999)

Butterfly is the English language DVD release title for La lengua de las
mariposas (Spanish The Tongue of the Butterflies), a 1999 Spanish film directed
by José Luis Cuerda. The film centers on Moncho and his coming-of-age experience
in Galicia in 1936. Moncho develops a close relationship with his teacher Don
Gregorio who introduces the boy to different things in the world. While  the
story centers on Moncho’s ordinary coming-of-age experiences,  tensions related
to the looming Spanish Civil War periodically interrupt Moncho’s personal growth
and daily life.
.
Living Utopia (The Anarchists and the Spanish Revolution: 1997)
 A  documentary about Anarchist communities established by the CNT/FAI, an
Spanish revolutionary group. The Spanish Anarchist experiment is the  largest
and most compelling example of Anarchism being implemented in  the real world.
>.
>Workers opened communal cafes where  people could eat for free. Communities set
>up food committees to arrange  food supply with the countryside — market
>commerce and money was  replaced in many areas by distribution according to
>need. Free schools,  universities and health programs were set up and
>administrated by the  workers themselves. Rural areas were collectivised. This
>experience, in  which about 8 million people participated, showed that anarchist
>organisation of society could indeed work in practice. It truly was a  Living
>Utopia.
.
. . . De toda la vida – all our lives (English s/titles) (1986 – Mujeres LIbres)
A documentary chronicling the lives of women of the anarchist-feminist
organization,  Mujeres Libres (Free Women), during the Spanish Revolution
(1936–39).  Interviewees include former members discussing revolutionary Spain
and  women’s involvement in the war, their relationship to the other  anarchist
organizations at the time — and their lives since. Decades  later, Mujeres
Libres remains a model for revolutionary feminist theory  and action. In
Spanish, with English subtitles.
.
The Spanish Earth – Tierra Española (1937 – Joris Ivens)
The  Spanish Earth (1937) was an agitprop film (in English) aimed at  mobilising
US support for the cause of the Spanish Republic. It was  written by John Dos
Passos and Ernest Hemingway (with the involvement of  Hollywood and other
prominent personalities including Fredric March,  Luise Rainer, Lillian Hellman,
Dorothy Parker, and Archibald MacLeish in  the financing of its production
company, “Contemporary Historians,  Inc.”). The film was directed by the Dutch
pro-Soviet communist Joris  Ivens with a voice-over by Hemingway.
.
Load more film titles from wikipedia:
.
	* The Angel Wore Red