[energiadecreixent] Solidarity with the revolt in Egypt, and beyond, against 30 years of Dictatorship

Fun Peace fuspey a yahoo.co.uk
dis gen 29 12:14:30 CET 2011

Egyptian revolt - 50+ dead, government building burned to the ground, tanks on
the streets

More than 50 people were killed yesterday in Egypt, 23 in Alexandria alone, many
were "riddled" with bullets, some with faces blackened, crushed and
unrecognizable, according to latest Al Jazeera (english) reports from the
morgues. There is huge anger and rage, from the families who have lost loved
ones. There have also been reports and images of people shot by metal pellets
from shot guns. At present on the streets, it seems the police have stepped down
and the army are protecting buildings of interest (embessies, government
buildings, banks), but, the army are reported to be on the side of the people
against the "common enemy". The army are asking people to not gather in the
streets, but people are paying no heed. If things heat up again today, as they
are very likely to do, who knows what way it will go. There seems to be a very
large level of support of the army, whereas little or none for the police.

The main headquarters of the ruling National Democratic Party was burned to the
ground last night when 10`s of thousands broke the cerfew, along with many
police armoured vehicles, cars and barricades in the streets. The internet was
nearly totally shut down by the state (97% in 1 day), to stop facebook and
twitter being used as a chief organisation tool for protests. This is an
unprecedented move. Also yesterday, to add fuel to the fire, wikileaks released
further cables related to Egypt. Mobile phone networks were shut down, thereby
making it very hard for people to coordinate.

Keep updated via

Al Jazeera live video stream - http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

>Egypt protests - live updates (via the guardian)
>today, Sat 29 - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/29/egypt-prote...-blog
>Fri 28, Day of Rage -
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2011/jan/28/egypt-p...dates
>Thr 27 - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jan/27/egypt-...tests
>
>Follow the Revolt on Twitter:
>
>#j25 - http://twitter.com/search?q=%23j25
>#Egypt - http://twitter.com/search?q=%23egypt

>Video
>- One man shot dead by bullet in the street -
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebcc1ZbXnCE
>- Demanding change in Egypt (Al Jazeera) -
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55zw5oOmpF0
>
>Further infos:
>
>Egyptian protesters defy Cairo crackdown – in pictures (guardian)
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/jan/28/egy...p=239
>
>Can Egyptians revolt?
>http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/2011/01/2011126105....html
>
>Online activism fuels Egypt protest
>http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/01/20....html
>
>(audio) - Bloody and bruised: the journalist caught in Egypt unrest
>The Guardian's man in Cairo tells of his beating and arrest at the hands of the
>security forces
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/27/egypt-riot-...ction
>audio - http://download.guardian.co.uk/audio/kip/standalone/wor...t.mp3
>
>ابو الفضل: مبارك يولح بخطر الإخوان ليخيف الغرب #egypt #cairo #censorship
>#mubarak #jan25 #jan28 #change #Suez #NDP
>
>- http://twitter.com/alhiwarchannel/statuses/312961546542...20288

via wikileaks:

US reported 'routine' police brutality in Egypt, WikiLeaks cables show
Torture widely used against criminals, Islamist detainees, opposition activists
and bloggers, embassy cables suggest
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/28/egypt-polic...leaks

Anonymous: Operation Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt

Egyptian government ordered service providers to shut down all international
internet connections

Egyptians pray before day of rage which left more than 50 dead

Protestors shot with metal pellets

Egypt burns, 50 dead, huge rage now demaning "Mubarke must go"

Jan25 Voices - proxy twitter account spreading word from the streets

Al Jazeera reports about "Jan25 Voices", it is a proxy twitter account, people
inside Egypt are ringing contacts outside the country and their reports are
being TWEETED: http://twitter.com/Jan25voices/status/31144595496636417

LPC: Man shot dead in Maadi by police. Victim's family steal firearms from
nearby store and violence erupts. #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt

Jan25 Voices: We are using phones and other means to speak with Egyptians behind
the blocked internet, tweeting their words in real time. contact:
Jan25voices(at)gmail.com
http://twitter.com/jan25voices

+ Reports that China is blocking "EGYPT" from some networking sites for fear
that unrest might spread

Jan25 Voices - proxy twitter account spreading word from the streets

We Stand Together - Jan 25 Revolution