[energiadecreixent] Ajut traducció ingles - catala: esborrany declaració conf Barcelona

federico demaria federicodemariaahotmail.com
Dme Jun 2 10:13:08 CEST 2010

Alquien, porfa, nos podría ayudar a traducir al catala (o castellano) un borrador de la declaración?
A mi me queda solo el traductor de la Gene o el de google :-)
Aun no es la versión final (porfa no difundir), pero estaría bien tenerla traducida como texto para el día del pic nic.
Ademas, alquien tiene algún folleto o triptic sobre el decrecimiento (en cat y/o cast) para tener en la mesa? Como una presentación en general...
Gracies, fede

DRAFT (Please, keep confidential)
                                      Degrowth Declaration Barcelona 2010In the midst of an international crisis more than four hundred researchers, practitioners and activists from fortydifferent countries gathered in Barcelona between the 26th and the 29th of March 2010 for the SecondInternational Conference on Degrowth. In the Declaration of the First International Conference in Paris in2008, we had noted, against the current, the looming multi-dimensional crisis which was not just financial butalso fiscal, social, ethical, and ecological, result of the failure of an economic model based on growth. Todaythis multi-dimensional crisis threatens the conditions of living of the most vulnerable people in our societiesand in the world.An international elite and a “global middle class” with its conspicuous consumption is not only causing havocto the environment, but also further damage when imitated by the rest of the people in a vicious circle of statusseeking through material possession. While irresponsible financial institutions and governments are rightly atthe forefront of public criticism, this crisis has deeper structural causes. The so-called anti-crisis measures thatseek to boost economic growth will worsen inequalities and environmental conditions in the long-run. Theillusion of a "debt-fuelled growth", i.e. forcing the economy to grow in order to pay the debts, will finish insocial disaster, displacing economic and ecological debts to the future and to the poor. A process of degrowthof the world economy is inevitable and will be beneficial for the environment. The challenge is how to manageit so that it turns out to be socially sustainable and equitable both inside each country and in the world. TheDegrowth movement has been born in rich countries, in Europe and elsewhere. This is where it has to start.Academics, activists and practitioners met in Barcelona to structure proposals towards an alternative,sustainable and equitable degrowth society. An inclusive process was followed, something almostunprecedented for an international conference. In addition to standard scientific presentations some 29 workinggroup discussions brought participants together to discuss hands-on policies for degrowth and identify theresearch questions these generate. Economic, social and environmental topics were brought together. New ideasand issues never before discussed in the context of sustainable development were put on the table: currenciesand financial institutions, social security and working hours, population and resource consumption, moratoriaon infrastructures and resource sanctuaries, restrictions to advertising and many others. The results of thisinnovative process are hard to capture on paper and synthesise in a short declaration. We welcome thoseinterested to look at the www.degrowth.eu where the results of the working groups are presented in detail.A wealth of new proposals came up including among several others: facilitation of local currencies and gradualelimination of fiat money; promotion of small scale self-managed companies; defending local commons andestablishing new jurisdictions for global commons; establishing integrated policies of reduced working hours(work-sharing) and introduction of a basic income; institutionalization of an income ceiling based onmaximum-minimum ratios; discouraging the consumption of non-durable goods and the under-use of durableones, such as houses, by regulation, taxation or bottom-up approaches; abandonment of large-scaleinfrastructure such as nuclear plants, dams, incinerators, high-speed transportation; conversion of car-basedinfrastructure to walking, biking and open common spaces; taxing advertising heavily and banning it frompublic spaces; support from the environmental justice movements of the South that complain against resourceextraction, introduction of global extractive moratoria on areas with high biodiversity and cultural value, andcompensations for leaving resources under the ground; denouncing top-down population control measureswhile supporting women’s reproductive rights, conscious procreation and the right to freely migrate whilewelcoming a decrease in world birth rates; de-commercialization of politics and enhancement of directparticipation in decision-making.These proposals are not utopian: new redistributive taxes will finance social investments and discourageconsumption and environmental damage, while reduced working hours with a reinforced social security systemwill manage unemployment. As the economy will quietly contract and our damage on the environment throughnew infrastructures and extraction activities will be constrained, well-being will increase through publicinvestments in low-cost social and relational goods.Every new proposal generates several new objections and questions. We do not claim to have a recipe for afuture. But we know that we can no longer pretend that we can keep growing as if nothing has happened. Thefolly of growth has come to the end. The challenge now is how to adapt. The debate has just started.

Hotmail: posta elettronica attendibile grazie alla protezione avanzata Microsoft dalla posta indesiderata.
Un document HTML ha estat eliminat...

Més informació de la llista de correu energiadecreixent