[Educaciolliure] Forum informació d'escoles alternatives

ALBA DEL CID albadelcid en yahoo.co.uk
Dom Oct 28 20:34:30 CET 2007

Hola a tots,
Us envio aquest missatge d'un fòrum de famílies angleses per si a algú li interessa el tema i vol venir a parlar amb ells de la seva escola, des de Xantala, segurament aniré jo. Volen conéixer alternatives, i entendre bé el sistema espanyol d'educació. Si a algú li interessa, que em contacti i us passo l'email de l'organitzadora. Demanen el contacte de Moixana.
Alba

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } dear amics

Sabeis como nos encuentramos un escuela del estado / privado o con el educacion libre para los ninos de tres anos.
donde mandarmos y que pasa alli? Ven al forum/chalar que seria el dia viernes 9 de noviembre a las 11 en la tienda MUJER, Carrer Carders 28, Born.

CAN YOU HELP!!!!????

myself and some other mums are getting worried about WHERE we are going to send our toddlers to school next year, seeing as we have to matriculate in may we thought we should all sit down and share the limited information that we all have so we can then start investigating the options, then perhaps meet again nearer end of the year with all info correlated.

most of us do not even know how the school system works here!! but having to be so concerned so soon is crazy, and that's why people move house in the UK to be in catchment areas!! BUT that is usually with secondary schools! so cant believe having to worry about my three year olds education!!

we should be worried though as there are always mixed opinions for example; at villa pere (?) opposite arc de triomph i met a 3 year old who said his bum hurt from sitting at a desk all day!!!!!! another catalan friend daughters goes there who loves it because it does lots of dance, music and art.

AND i am SO dismayed that there's 3 year olds lugging around suitcases full of books!!!

i am especially interested in schools where they have a green space to play in but realise most of these are up the mountain!
would love to hear about the 'rare' waldorf-steiner-montessori philosophy of play/ creativity etc. that is am sure hard to come by, have heard there are a couple but where? most likely in alto zona.

ive invited someone who has their children at chypres which is very popular, and a Marta who has her daughter at las pinas (a collective of parents/teachers in an old masia in the forest in floresta), la xantala in poble nou has this independant philosophy too and i hope to invite someone from there.

Apparently there is also the problem having a 'free' school (not part of state run education) schooling until 5 or 6 years as you then would have to get them into a state school (juniors then onto secondary) and its far more difficult if they're not already in the primary part already.

la BOSQUE en Montjuic apaprently also has a good reputation...anyone from there?

if anyone knows of the trilingual state school in port olympic ? or any other state run trilingual schools would be appreciated if you came (st peters / st pauls ?).

LA MOIXANNA now has a dedicated school site, this is also a free thinking school - parents collective that used to just be in open spaces, would love to hear from someone who knows if not i shall try and invite them along too or do a separate talk for them at some point

welcome anyone whose children are in private education here or an english school, perhaps we'd all like to send our kids to them too but not always possible financially, also most of them i've heard are also in the zona alta...... however would be interesting to here from anyone who recommends as i have parents who would be interested.

also would be great any one who actually teaches this age / knows education system here well.....or anyone who does home educating etc.

mel barber......are you there? francis is at the school near the parc/zoo true? i heard that your pleased with it and i would love you to come and tell us all about it
julie??? isn't jonah inside at parc cuitadella - verdaguer...are you happy with him there? any possibility that you can come??
sophie heydel please please come and talk about san felipe neri which has a high reputation here (but a concrete play area!!) based near the cathedral
Deborah / 2 julies would love you to speak about Cevantes in san pere mas beix / st peters?
Hissora has been investigating a famous private school called AGORA in san cugat
jodie / Libby re: chypres en Vallevidrera

moi?? i know NADA!!

The forum/chat will be on friday at 11 a.m on the 9th November in the shops upstairs lounge and i would love to invite people who have the same predicament but also people who already have three year olds in schools and would be kind enough to share the info on those schools with us 'uninformed' parents.

thank you and i hope this will be invaluable for us all
lulu xxx