[Educaciolliure] [Fwd: [L-U] Digest Number 1033]

xavilistas en clonlara-esp.org xavilistas en clonlara-esp.org
Sab Oct 13 09:31:02 CEST 2007

---------------------------- Mensaje Original ----------------------------
Asunto: [L-U] Digest Number 1033
De:     learning-unlimited en yahoogroups.com
Fecha:  Fri, 12 de Octubre de 2007, 2:23 pm
Para:   learning-unlimited en yahoogroups.com

Learning Unlimited

    Messages In This Digest      (1
              Message)

                      1.

   Information for researchers, journalists, politicians?
  From:
      Marianne Lelieveld

          View All Topics | Create New Topic

           Message

        1.

        Information for researchers, journalists, politicians?

    Posted by:      "Marianne Lelieveld"
      mariannelelieveld en mac.com

          smellycatnl

      Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:30 pm        (PST)

            Google Alerts brought me an interesting Canadian article that
links education freedom/
choice to high PISA results:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071008.comanning09/
BNStory/Front/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail
or
http://tinyurl.com/2bz2uz

As I understand the article: The Canadian state of Alberta provides/allows
families the  best/most choice in types of education (in comparison to
other states). The different types  of education stimulate each other and
provide healthy competiton.

An interessanting quote:
"It isn't per capita spending, as Alberta's per capita spending on
education is about the  same as Ontario's."

The quality of education isn't related to the amount of governmental
spending but to the  amount of  freedom / choice.

Something we of course already knew ;)!

Marianne

          Back to top

            Reply to sender

            Reply to group

            Messages in this topic
           (1)

              Recent Activity

       1
    New Members

        Visit Your Group

                      Yahoo! Groups
Moderator Central
Connecting a world
of moderators.

                      Best of Y! Groups
Check it out
and nominate your
group to be featured.

                      Yahoo! Groups
Special K Challenge
Learn how others are
shedding the pounds.

            Need to Reply?
              Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific
message in the Daily Digest.

      Create New Topic     |

      Visit Your Group on the Web

          Messages
      |    Files
      |    Photos
      |    Links

      |    Calendar

      To see and modify all of your groups, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

    Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch
format to Traditional

      Visit Your Group     |

      Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use     |

      Unsubscribe