[Educaciolliure] Fw: Jornada de Educación Libre

Xavier Alà xavilistas en clonlara-esp.org
Jue Ago 2 16:30:44 CEST 2007

Learning UnlimitedMás sobre el tema...

Xavier Alà

----- Original Message -----
From: learning-unlimited en yahoogroups.com
To: learning-unlimited en yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:08 PM
Subject: [L-U] Digest Number 1002

Learning Unlimited
Messages In This Digest (1 Message)
  1. Balloons - International Freedom in Education Day From: Idlingtime
View All Topics | Create New Topic Message
  1. Balloons - International Freedom in Education Day
  Posted by: "Idlingtime" starkfamily en ntlworld.com   starkfamily2001
  Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 am (PST)
  I think this idea is excellent, but have had some disturbing information
  about balloons I was, in my ignorance, not aware of:

  "While most balloons are now biodegradable, the process can take up to
  4 years. These balloons usually float off over oceans where they are
  a serious danger to whales, dolphins and seals who mistake the
  colourful slivers of burst balloons for food. They cannot digest the
  balloon and it remains lodged in the stomach or intestines meaning
  that the animal will eventually suffer a slow, painful death from
  starvation. On land animals and birds suffer the same fate.

  Balloons are as damaging as plastic bags and bottles. Environmentalist
  and animal protection organisations oppose balloon releases of any
  kind and home educators should NOT be encouraging such a destructive
  activity."

  Will people drop the mass balloon release please?

  Barbara. x.

  Messages in this topic (1) Visit Your Group
  a.. Europe river cruise
  b.. Europe river cruises
  c.. Home educator
  d.. Europe vacation
  e.. Home schooling curriculum
Yoga Groups
Find Enlightenment

& exchange insights

with other members

Yahoo! Groups
Moderator Central

get help and provide

feedback on Groups.

Biz Resources
Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Need to Reply?
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Calendar
To see and modify all of your groups, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups